Whatever your view of guns, this podcast will fascinate you.
Sue, as a European, listens in amazement to Cindy as she describes her everyday life living with guns in the USA.
Cindy recounts why she needs to own a gun, how she practices and how the constitution allows American citizens to carry an arm (and shoot) for their own protection.
As a language learner, listen out for Cindy’s southern American accent and American English vocabulary such as “purse”, “pants” and “packing”.
Try to answer these questions:
- What do the background checks consist of?
- How many guns does Cindy own?
- Where does she keep her gun?
- Where do many women keep their gun?
- How (and when) does she practice shooting?
- Why does she feel the need to have a gun with her?
- What is “Open” and “Conceal” carry?
- What does Cindy say about bullets?
- What does she say about a recent hold up in her local supermarket?
- What does she say about Shoot Unseen ?
- What does Cindy explain about the American constitution?
In this podcast, the team at english-podcasts has no intention to pass any opinion, bias or judgement on the subject, and we thank Cindy for her personal account of gun use and general attitudes.