Stress Awareness Month happens each April. It’s important to learn some strategies for coping with this particular issue. Stress awareness Month, which always happens in April, has now been going for 19 years and things just don’t appear to be getting better.
Stress can be debilitating, and it can cause and/or aggravate health problems.
Stress is a normal part of human existence — nobody is immune to it — it’s important to arm ourselves with knowledge so that we recognise when stress rears its ugly head. (Amazingly, we don’t always notice it’s happening to us.)
In this series of podcasts we will be looking at various themes concerning stress :
- The statistics of stress
- Workplace stress
- Signs of a stressful workplace
- Stress and Covid 19
- Managing & coping strategies to combat stress
- Measure your workplace stress
- Evaluate your stress levels.
STRESS AWARENESS MONTH IS IMPORTANT
- It reminds us to pay attention to our health – According to the official website, “Stress Awareness Month is a national, cooperative effort to inform people about the dangers of stress, successful coping strategies, and harmful misconceptions about stress that are prevalent in our society.”
- It’s going strong – Stress Awareness Month has been an ongoing campaign of awareness and education since 1992 – 19 years already.
- Because we’re all feeling it – A recent survey found that about two-thirds of workers report engaging in behavior such as drinking or crying regularly in order to deal with stress.
- How stressed do you feel in work?Extremely stressed0 VoteVery stressed0 VoteQuite stressed0 VoteA little stressed0 VoteNot at all stressed1 Vote
How stressed do you feel in life in general and the Covid 19 Pandemic?Extremely stressed0 VoteVery stressed0 VoteQuite stressed0 VoteNot very stressed1 VoteNot at all stresed0 Vote