You must have noticed it….. Queen Elizabeth II is celebrating her 70 year reign this week, yes her Platinum Jubilee!
The celebrations are taking place all over the globe from New Zealand to Canada, from South Africa to India. And don’t forget Australia !
We have a very good quiz with lots of fun facts for you to enjoy which is also designed to help you build great vocabulary, but in this podcast Sue puts Chris on the spot with some more unusual questions.
Before listening, take a look at these questions and prepare your answers ( or maybe your best guesses !!!!). Can you do better than Chris ?
- When was the Queen born?
- What is the building where the Queen was born used for now?
- What does the Queen use as her morning alarm?
- What is her favorite breed of dog?
- What was the name of her first dog (that made us laugh !!)
- Where did the Queen go to school?
- What was the family relationship between the Queen and her late husband?
- How many UK residents have never known another monarch?
- How does the Queen use her handbag to communicate a message to her staff?
You’ll also hear how Chris has meet the Queen on 3 occasions, his impressions, and Sue and Chris” views about Her Majesty.
Lots and lots of vocabulary to learn and comprehension to test you.
Here are some photos of the day’s events.
The conversation took place over Zoom, so sometimes the sound is unstable.