The Curious Off Side Football World Cup Quiz
The Curious Off Side Football World Cup Quiz – Learn English with the Football World Cup 2022
Are you a fan of football ? If you are, you are in for a real football festival, if not, you are in for 4 very tedious weeks !
Whatever your view, it is a world event with billions of viewers for every match.
Some basic facts:
- 32 national teams which are put into 8 groups of 4 teams.
- The 2 top teams of each group will go through to the knockout rounds (quarter finals, semi finals and the final).
- The final will take place with an estimated TV audience of over 3 billion.
- Each team is allowed a final squad of 23 players (three of whom must be goalkeepers). However, players in the final squad may be replaced due to serious injury up to 24 hours prior to kickoff of the team’s first match, where the replacement players do not need to be in the preliminary squad.
- One of the favorites to win is Brazil, and indeed Brazil and Italy have won 9 World Cup titles between them and Brazil. has won 47% of the 19 tournaments held.
But of course here at english-podcasts.com we love the off-the-wall facts and this quiz includes the crazy, unusual aspects of such a world event. So you definitely don’t need to be a football expert to get tops marks in this quiz, just use your imagination and common sense !
So are you ready for kick off ? Get your boots on and let’s get started……
You’ll certainly expand your vocabulary and learn some strange facts along the way.
You’ll find that these questions are great for a pub quiz evening too !
The Curious Offside Football World Cup Quiz Try this quiz with a friend, there will be plenty to discuss ! Question Your answer: Correct answer:
The Curious Offside Football World Cup Quiz
Try this quiz with a friend, there will be plenty to discuss !
In keeping with the sporting theme, you can test your knowledge of sporting expressions with this quiz.